ITIL® V3 Intermediate Capability Qualification in Operational Support and Analysis (ITIL® OSA)
This 5 day course delves into the practical aspects of the ITIL® Service Lifecycle and processes relating to the Operational Support & Analysis of IT Services. The requirements, activities, methods and approaches for implementing and managing these processes will be covered in a practical, hands-on learning environment through the use of our quality course material and an engaging scenario-based case study.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for individuals and IT professionals who require a deeper understanding of the ITIL® Operational Support & Analysis processes and how they may be used to enhance the overall quality of IT Service support and delivery. It is also suitable for operational staff who wish to enhance their role-based capabilities.
By the end of the course, students will have learnt:
- The importance of Service Management as a Practice
- Operational Support & Analysis principles & processes in the Service Lifecycle
- Event Management - monitoring and detecting events in the IT Infrastructure
- Incident Management - quickly restoring services back to normal operation
- Problem Management - minimising impact, investigation & prevention of Incidents
- Request Fulfilment - provide quick and effective access to standard services
- Access Management - Managing all aspects relating to the rights to use a service
- The Service Provider's requirements for Operational Support & Analysis
- Service Operation roles and responsibilities
- Technology & implementation considerations
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks
ITIL Processes & Functions Covered:
This course will cover the following topics in detail:
- Service Desk
- Event Management
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Request Fulfilment
- Access Management
- IT Operations Management
- Application Management
- Technical Management
This course concludes with a 90 minute examination, consisting of 8 multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. Each question will have four possible answer options, one is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark and one which is a distractor and achieves no marks. Students must achieve a score of 28 out of 40 (or 70%) in order to have passed this examination.
Successfully attaining the ITIL® Intermediate Certificate for Operational Support & Analysis provides 4 credits towards the maximum 22 required in order to achieve the ITIL® Expert qualification.
Thank you for your interest in training with Power Cloud Solutions. Please fill in the form below and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
To attend this course, participants must have first obtained the ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate.
Students are also advised to read the ITIL® Service Lifecycle core publications prior to the commencement of this course, or the sections relating to the Operational Support & Analysis processes and functions in particular.