ITIL® V3 Intermediate Lifecycle Qualification in Service Transition
Adopting Service Transition, a key phase of ITIL® V3's service lifecycle model, can enable improvements to services and Service Management capability by ensuring that the introduction, deployment, transfer and decommissioning of new or changed services is consistently well managed.
Successful Service Transition depends on an effective understanding and application of Change Management, quality assurance and risk management, as well as effective program and project management. This makes it possible, at every stage through the Service Transition process, to plan, monitor and confirm progress against current business requirements, not just for one service but across all services in transition. Service Transition does not end abruptly when a new or changed service goes live; rather, it works with Service Operation to deliver early life support.
Building on general principles covered in the ITIL® V3 Foundation level, this Intermediate course provides critical learning points for IT staff looking to acquire practical knowledge of ITIL® terminology, organisational structures, roles, functions and process activities related to Service Transition.
This course fully prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL® Intermediate Certificate: Service Transition. The course material and associated exam is based on industry practices in Service Management and strategy as documented in the ITIL® V3 Service Transition book.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers, and any IT professional involved in the transition of IT services.
By the end of the course, students will have learnt:
- Managing communications and commitment
- Managing organisational and stakeholder change
- Planning and implementing organisation change
- Assessing organisational readiness for monitoring progress of organisational change
- Methods, practices and techniques used in managing change
- Review of Service Transition processes, and their associated roles, responsibilities, challenges, risks and critical success factors, including:
- Transition Planning & Support
- Change Management
- Service Asset & Configuration Management
- Service Validation & Testing
- Release & Deployment Management
- Knowledge Management
- Interaction of Service Transition processes with other Service Lifecycle processes
- Technology considerations for Service Transition
This 4 day training course includes a 90-minute exam, scheduled on the last day of the course, consisting of eight (8) multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. You must achieve a passing mark of 70% to receive your certificate. Sample exams will be held during the course of the week to ensure candidates are well prepared.
Thank you for your interest in training with Power Cloud Solutions. Please fill in the form below and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.