Administering Cisco Unified Communications Manager (ACUCM)
Administering Cisco Unified Communications Manager (ACUCM) 3 day, instructor-led course that teaches administrators how to perform the most frequently requested administrative tasks for Cisco Unified Communications Manager, and IP phone installations.
The course will provide the skills and knowledge necessary to handle the addition of users, changing of user preferences, basic phone installation, and all the day-to-day management needs that are associated with IP telephony system. The course lecture is based on Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.0.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Select, connect, and configure the various Cisco IP telephony devices.
- Configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager to add users and phones to the Cisco Unified CM database using manual configuration, auto registration, or the Bulk Administration Tool.
- Configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager to enable features and services to include conferencing, music on hold, speed dials, Call Park, Call Pickup, Cisco Call Back, Barge, Privacy and Cisco IP Phone Services.
- Describe the minimum hardware requirements necessary for a particular unified communications component system.
- List the minimal set of features of integration between a telephone switch and a Cisco Unity voice mail.
- Correctly identify the standard features of a Cisco Unity system.
- Correctly identify the standard features of a Personal Assistant system.
- Efficiently manage the account over the telephone and using the desktop tools, ViewMail for Outlook, and Active Assistant.
- Efficiently manage the account using both the telephone and the desktop tools provided.
- organise them in the correct order according to best practices.
- Correctly choose whether to make them an Internet subscriber or a Unity subscriber.
- Create and use Internet Subscribers.
Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner/Reseller
- Reviewing Telephony and IP Phones; comparing Legacy and IP Telephony Technology
- Cisco Architecture for Voice, Video and Integrated Data
- Networking Terms and Concepts
- What's new in CUCM 5 & 6
- CUCM 6 Mobility feature set
- Introducing Cisco IP Phones
- An Overview of a Cisco Unified Communications System
- Understanding Cisco Unity Global Subscriber Settings
- Understanding Cisco Unity Subscriber Accounts and Settings
- Monitoring Unified Communications Systems
- Maintaining Unified Communications Systems
- Reporting in Unified Communications Systems
Thank you for your interest in training with Power Cloud Solutions. Please fill in the form below and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2000 / XP
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange or Lotus Domino messaging environment
- Working knowledge of the features and benefits of a PBX (CallManager preferred)
- Basic IP telephony concepts