Designing Cisco Storage Networking Solutions (DCSNS)
DCSNS is a 5-day, instructor-led training course designed to prepare attendees for the DCSNS certification exam 642-357. The course provides students with an understanding of how to design a Storage Area Network (SAN) around Cisco FC switches and Directors in the MDS and Nexus series products.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to meet these objectives:
- Given a SAN environment, identify the components, services, and features of the MDS 9000 platform that can be used to improve the availability, scalability, performance, and manageability of the SAN.
- Given the MDS platform components, design a multiprotocol SAN to meet a variety of customer requirements.
- Given a SAN environment, design a SAN that enables storage consolidation.
- Given a SAN environment, design a SAN security implementation that includes port and fabric security, secure management protocols, and role-based access control to meet security policy requirements.
- Given an understanding of SAN extension applications, design a SAN extension solution that meets application availability, performance, and scalability requirements.
Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner/Reseller
Module 1: Cisco MDS 9000 Series Platform Fundamentals
- Lesson 1: Introducing Cisco MDS 9000 Series Platform Components
- Lesson 2: Understanding Cisco MDS 9000 Series System Architecture
- Lesson 3: Describing the Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switch
- Lesson 4: Understanding the Cisco Unified Computing System
- Lesson 5: Using Intelligent Fabric Services
- Lesson 6: Implementing Software Packages and Licensing
- Lesson 7: Implementing Integrated Management
- Lesson 8: Configuring the Initial Switch Setup
Module 2: SAN Design
- Lesson 1: Describing the SAN Design Process
- Lesson 2: Designing N-Tier Application Architectures
- Lesson 3: Designing Host Connectivity
- Lesson 4: Designing Storage Connectivity
- Lesson 5: Building a SAN
- Lesson 6: Designing Redundant Fabrics
- Lesson 7: Describing SAN Migration and Interoperability
- Lesson 8: Describing Consolidation and Virtualization
- Lesson 9: Explaining Traffic Engineering
- Lesson 10: Describing SAN Design with Unified I/O
Module 3: SAN Extension Design
- Lesson 1: Describing Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- Lesson 2: Designing SAN Extension Connectivity with Optical Networks
- Lesson 3: Designing SAN Extension over FCIP
- Lesson 4: Improving Performance and Availability
Module 4: SAN Security
- Lesson 1: Securing the SAN Fabric
- Lesson 2: Describing Storage Security Features
Thank you for your interest in training with Power Cloud Solutions. Please fill in the form below and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Cisco Career Certifications
CCIE Storage Networking
Cisco Data Center Storage Networking Design Specialist
Before attending this course, students should have a basic understanding of data storage hardware components and protocols, including SCSI and Fibre Channel.